Concrete S-Ray Scan is also known as Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) Concrete Scanning, is a non-destructive method to scan for objects in concrete of up to 500mm depth.
A wrong move of demolishing / cutting / drilling (e.g Accidental damage of post tension or conduits) will result to a very expensive repair cost, delay in project or as serious as leading to loss of human life.
How it Works
- Electromagnetics waves travels through concrete with a frequency of 1.6GHz
- Energy reflects when hit objects inside concrete (such as rebar, post tension, PVC, conduits etc)
- Waves recaptured by GPR device.
- Software interpret waves based on waves’ strength and 2-way travel time
|Detection range||Rebar, Post Tensioned, Conduits, PVC, Voids||Rebar or Ferrous Material only|
|Detection layers||2 layers||1 layer|
|Able to determine concrete thickness?||Yes||No|
ADVANTAGES & FEATURES
- Scan up to 500mm Depth
- Real-time Scanning Results in 2D Mode
- Able to Generate X-Ray Like Results in 3D Mode
- No noise and non-destructive
- No Radiation Exposure (Evacuation is not needed)
- Locate Rebar, Depth and Rebar Pattern
- Scan for Post Tension and Concrete Tendons
- Find Conduits and Non-Metallic Objects
- Measure Slab Thickness
- Identify Void Location
Complement with the latest and most advanced GPR Data Processing Software, it can produce 2D and 3D view of the scanned area to assist customers to understand the area well.