Known as Concrete S-Ray Scan, concrete scanning is a method to scan for objects and voids in concrete with accurate target location by using Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR).
The scanning technology can reach to 500mm scan depth to detect rebar, PVC pipe, post tensioned cable and voids.
Why scanning is essential?
Safety: When conducting project at the jobsite, there is a possibility of some subsurface consist hazards that could lead to damages and injuries. For instant, a wrong move of cutting into a post tensioned cable can cause a weakening of structure that will lead to structure collapsing.
Time: Obviously we can’t deal with the problem until we know the circumstances. By having a clear picture of proposed cut, concrete scanning can ensure the project to complete on time without facing any damage or delays.
Save Money: For some they might think scanning is an extra cost, but by proceeding the project without knowing the objects inside the concrete can be a gamble! Hence, concrete scanning helps the project to avoid any trouble.
|Detection range||Rebar, Post Tensioned, Conduits, PVC, Voids||Rebar or Ferrous Material only|
|Detection layers||2 layers||1 layer|
|Able to determine concrete thickness?||Yes||No|
- Electromagnetics waves travels through concrete with a frequency of 1.6GHz
- Energy reflects when hit objects inside concrete (such as rebar, post tension, PVC, conduits etc)
- Waves recaptured by GPR device.
- Software interpret waves based on waves’ strength and 2-way travel time
ADVANTAGES & FEATURES
- Scan up to 500mm Depth
- Real-time Scanning Results in 2D Mode
- Able to Generate X-Ray Like Results in 3D Mode
- No noise and non-destructive
- No Radiation Exposure Evacuation is not needed)
- Locate Rebar, Depth and Rebar Pattern
- Scan for Post Tension and Concrete Tendons
- Find Conduits and Non-Metallic Objects
- Measure Slab Thickness
- Identify Void Location
Complement with the latest and most advanced GPR Data Processing Software, it can produce 2D and 3D view of the scanned area to assist customers to understand the area well.